The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division, has awarded multiple Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts for a wide range of engineering, technical, and programmatic services and solutions.
Innoflight is the recipient of one of these awards.
SeaPort-e is the Navy’s electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas including Engineering, Financial Management, and Program Management. The Navy Systems Commands (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVFAC, and NAVSUP), the Office of Naval Research, the United States Marine Corps, and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) compete their service requirements amongst the IDIQ multiple award contract holders. The SeaPort-e portal provides standardized, efficient means of soliciting offers from amongst the diverse population of large and small businesses and their approved team members.
Official Government Seaport-e Web Site
Contract Number: N00178-14-D-7326
- Naval Sea Systems Command
- Naval Air Systems Command
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command
- Naval Supply Systems Command
- Military Sealift Command
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command
- Strategic Systems Programs
- Office of Naval Research
- United States Marine Corps
Contract Period of Performance: 19 November 2013 through 4 April 2019 (including award term options).
Contract Ceiling: $7.92 Billion (including award term options)
Available Order Types: CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP, FPIF
Services from Innoflight under SeaPort-e are available to authorized users in Zone 6 (Southwest Zone) in the following Functional Areas:
- 1 – Research and Development Support
- 2 – Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
- 4 – Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- 6 – Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- 12 – Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
Specifically within these Functional Areas Innoflight’s areas of expertise are on aerospace electronics, related ground equipment, and secure communications with aerospace vehicles (COMSEC). Within functional area 12, Innoflight’s area of expertise is specifically Information Assurance (IA).
Seaport-e Task Orders
Task orders awarded to the Innoflight, Contract N00178-14-D-7326.
The Innoflight contract includes SeaPort-e Zone 6 (Southwest). The zone approach was chosen to help preserve the local vendor base that currently support these Navy ordering activities, to encourage small business participation, to reduce the need for complicated teaming arrangement, to ensure adequate competition for all requirements in all zones, and to facilitate the current contract organization/administration.
Quality Assurance Program
Innoflight is a small business with a primary focus on advanced and more affordable aerospace electronics products. Our standard operations are fundamental disciplines for the company and include the following:
- The company’s President and Principal Chief Engineer determine and oversee each program’s requirements, schedule, budget and above all, the technology development in an effort to advance its commercialization as part of Innoflight’s overall strategic plan.
- All programs undertaken are concept to product and use various Innoflight technology elements (e.g., IP cores, fault detection methods, power regulation/conversion designs, parts quality, built-in-test modules, test scripts, etc.) to the maximum extent possible.
- Every direct labor employee is skilled with a balanced mix of analog, digital, embedded, software and system/product engineering design with hands-on experience.
- Parts and materials selection, quality, procurement, handling and qualification is an in-house documented process that is followed for ALL projects.
- Unless otherwise directed by the customer, use of commercial/industrial electronic parts through the Innoflight parts reliability process is taken for every project to minimize product SWaP and cost while maximizing performance, utility and flexibility. As such, we maintain an extensive parts database and highly automated radiation and burn-in test methods to mitigate risks with commercial/industrial piece-parts.
- All design, testing and qualification from breadboard to initial product design is performed in-house with tools and equipment owned by Innoflight. The one exception to this is the unique environmental test equipment for radiation, EMI/EMC, thermal vacuum and vibration testing which are all performed locally under pay per use agreements with our providers.
- Every design at Innoflight goes through internal peer review prior to parts procurement and PCB fabrication and assembly.
With our key suppliers, we have worked with at least five vendors in each of the mentioned disciplines, and most of them are local to the greater San Diego area. Our commercial / industrial parts approach and using IPC Class 3 standards has enabled a broader, more competitive and responsive pool of suppliers.
Points of Contact
Innoflight SeaPort-e POC:
(858) 638-1580 x160
(858) 638-1581 (fax)
Innoflight Customer Satisfaction POC:
Jeffrey L. Janicik
President & CEO
(858) 638-1580 x170
(858) 638-1581 (fax)